Extensible Signal Processing For Nondestructive Testing
NDIToolbox is an extensible signal and image processing application written in Python designed to assist with the analysis of complex NDI data.
- Plot and preview HDF5 files
- Generate thumbnails of data files – makes it easier to browse through reams of data
- Extensible with plugins – write your own NDI analysis scripts without worrying about creating a user interface
- Import a variety of basic data file formats including ASCII delimited (e.g. CSV) and images (e.g. JPEG, BMP, and TIFF)
- Import file formats commonly used in Nondestructive Testing including basic DICOM/DICONDE and formats used in commercial scanning systems
- Probability Of Detection (POD) Toolkit – create, edit and run POD models of NDI measurements
Approximate Attentuation In Conductive Media
SkinDepth is a simple utility to calculate the depth of attenuation, or skin depth, of an electromagnetic wave inside a conductive material. At the skin depth, a wave drops to around 37% its original amplitude, so by 4 times the skin depth the wave is almost completely attenuated (37% of 37% of 37% of 37% or about 98% of the original amplitude). Among other things this is an important number to know for EMI/RFI shielding, some types of nondestructive testing, and radiofrequency losses in transmission lines and transformers. The skin depth of a conductive material depends on its electrical conductivity, its magnetic permeability, and the frequency of the wave.
- Calculate skin depth
- Calculate shielding thickness
- Extensive database of conductors